[bksvol-discuss] Bookmarking, WP Software, etc.

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:46:44 -0400

Hi, Roger.

Sorry about that.  Major bummer, eh?

I do encourage you to learn as much as you can about your word processing software. Just a little at a time, learn just as much as you need to know, when you need to know it.
What's that saying, "Slow and steady wins the race"?

On that topic, I'm looking for a user-friendly book on Word 2008, and if it distinguishes,
for use on a Mac.  I welcome any input, on or off list.

Thanks, Marilyn
mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jul 20, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, but it also sounds like another exhausting and frustrating expedition into learning, that is, learning how to use the word processing software. I am currently using wordpad. In a message dated 7/20/2008 10:04:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi, Roger.

Congrats on all your progress with the computer, that's really very good.

Regarding leaving a bookmark, I'm sure there's probably a "computer" way of doing it, but I just do it like this. When I've been working and I decide I'm done, I type three ampersands, like this: &&&. You can use percentage signs, your own name, anything that is unlikely to actually show up in the book. Then I save my document and close down
the word processing software.

When I'm ready to start again, I open up the document I want to work on, and "Search" for &&& and it goes directly to where I was -- mid-sentence, at the start of a paragraph or page, just wherever I was when I typed them before I saved the document.

Can you try that?

Hugs,
Marilyn