[bksvol-discuss] Book wishes

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wishlist" <wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:30:28 -0400

Alone Across the Artic - One Woman's Epic Journey by Dog Team by Pam Flowers.
Flowers chronicles her 2,500 mile journey across the frozen arctic with her 8
sled dogs becoming the first woman and American to do so. This is her detailed
account of the daily life and hardships that she and her dogs endured for
almost a year.

Dog Days, Raven Nights by John Marzluff and Colleen Marzluff. The Marzluffs
chronicle their 3 year research on the communications of Ravens while breaking
up the monotony with raising, training and racing sled dogs all on a three year
budget of $50,000.

Born to Bark - My Adventures with an Irrepressible and Unforgettable Dog by
Stanley Coren. We mentioned a few weeks ago that we are seeing lots of memoirs
and stories about people and their dogs. While some of them are really good, a
lot of them are written by people who don't know dogs. Well that certainly is
not the case with Stanley Coren who is one of the most popular authors with
several best selling dog training and behavior books (

Dog Sense by John Bradshaw. Subtitled - How the New Science of Dog Behavior Can
Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet. This is a much anticipated new book,
something that should appeal to folks who enjoyed Alexandra Horowitz's
Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.