[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Eastern Great lakes Lighthouses

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:21:02 -0400

It is truly amazing what a few days off will do for your compact flash card and pile of books, smile.

Here is another book that was a work in progress, and is now finished. as I state below, it was a book I scanned for my own enjoyment, and it I think might be good enough to be submitted to Bookshare. The formatting was well awful, and so rearranging might still need to be done to make it completely readable. But I did my best. I did remove junk characters, and protect the chapter titles from the stripper.

Smile.

0-7910-5487-X

Title:
Eastern Great Lakes Lighthouses: Ontario, Erie, And Huron (Lighthouses Series The Life and History of America's Waterways)

Author(s):
Bruce Roberts, Ray Jones

Publisher:
Facts On File, Incorporated

Copyright Date:
1996

Copyrighted By:
Bruce Roberts and Ray Jones

Brief Synopsis:
Provides historical background and descriptive information on some of the most significant lighthouses on Lakes Ontario, Erie, and Huron.

Long Synopsis:
"Eastern Great Lakes Lighthouses" combines the fascinating history and lore of lighthouses with stunning color and black-and-white photographs. The stories of the most significant lighthouses on Lakes Ontario, Erie, and Huron--on both the American and Canadian sides--come alive in the stirring profiles and photos contained in these pages. Descriptions of forty-three "[count may change]" lighthouses, including eighteen [count may change] on the Canadian side of the lakes, contain directions to the lights and details on visiting them. Together with striking photographs and regional locator maps, they complete this comprehensive examination of memorable Great Lakes landmarks. The Photo Information section discloses how photographer Bruce Roberts took many of the shots appearing in the book.

Comments:
This book has been read through and is complete. Chapter titles have been protected. It needs a spell check, but be careful as there are a lot of foreign names and spellings particularly French and native American. The formatting is complicated, it perhaps might need to be reorganized in a different way than I have it arranged in the book. This was a book I scanned for my own pleasure, and have read it through fixing errors as I went. I can get the book to rescan pages or obtain images if required. please contact me at: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Adult content:
No

Language:
English US

Book Quality:
EXCELLENT

Categories:
History, Nonfiction, Art and Architecture

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The ultimate sense of security will be when we come to recognize that we are all part of one human race. Our primary allegiance is to the human race and not to one particular color or border. -Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (b. 1942)