[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Blood Fued

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:41:01 -0500

Hi everyone,

Another book submitted, the site seems to be liking me again though it takes a
long time it seems to get books processed through the submission process.

Have at least four more to submit hope to get them done this weekend but we
shall see.

ISBN:
978-0-7627-7918-5

Title:
Blood Feud: The Hatfields And The Mccoys: The Epic Story Of Murder And Vengeance

Author(s):
Lisa Alther, Martha Kaplan

Publisher:
Globe Pequot Press, The

Copyright Date:
2012

Copyrighted By:
Lisa Alther

Brief Synopsis:
America's most notorious family feud began in 1865 with the murder of a Union
McCoy soldier by a Confederate Hatfield relative.  More than a decade later
Randall McCoy accused a Hatfield of stealing his hogs.

Long Synopsis:
America's most notorious family feud began in 1865 with the murder of a Union
McCoy soldier by a Confederate Hatfield relative.  More than a decade later
Randall McCoy accused a Hatfield of stealing his hogs. This accusation
triggered years of violence and retribution, including
aRomeo-and-Julietinterlude that led to the death of a young McCoy woman and her
baby. In a drunken brawl, three of her brothers killed a Hatfield, so the
Hatfields tied them up and shot them dead. McCoy posses hijacked some of this
firing squad across state lines to stand trial, while those still free burned
down Randal McCoy's cabin and shot two of his children in a botched attempt to
defeat the posses. Legal wrangling ensued, until the Supreme Court ruled that
Kentucky could try the captured West Virginian Hatfields. Seven went to prison,
and one, mentally disabled, yelled, "The Hatfields made me do it!" as he was
hanged. But the feud didn't end there. Its legend continues to have an enormous
impact on the popular imagination and the region. Here is a fascinating new
look at the infamous Hatfield-McCoy feud.

Comments:
Has been read through, chapters are marked with a number, pictures are labeled
when identifiable, the maps and family trees were not described or included. If
you have any questions please contact me at juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Adult content:
No

Language:
English US

Book Quality:
EXCELLENT

Categories:
Nonfiction, History

B4E Significant:
No

SFWA Challenged:
No

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen
(pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)