[bksvol-discuss] Blank Pages was: RE: Re: Don't worry! and 2 questions

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:03:39 -0400

Way back in the good old days when computers with power far less than any of
us have on our personal units took up entire rooms and required all sorts of
special atmospheric controls, IBM published the most thorough manuals for
their systems.  These manuals were so thorough that the print versions (I
don't think online documentation had even emerged as an alternate yet)
would, on pages with no useful text, say, "This page intentionally left
blank."

This usually caused some laughs among we Paleolithic nerds but now, for the
purposes of digitizing books for people with print disabilities it suddenly
seems entirely appropriate but no one does it anymore.

Murphy's Law I guess...