[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank Lines

  • From: "Lisa Gorden-Cushman" <crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:30:14 -0700

That helps.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Judy s.
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:43 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank Lines

Hi Lisa,

You shouldn't put in any asterisks.  Smile. The only time anyone needs
to put in asterisks to indicate a blank line is when a publisher uses a
blank line within the text of a page to indicate a change of scene.

The blank lines we volunteers add around page numbers and around page
breaks are supposed to be completely blank with nothing on them.  We
volunteers are asked to add a blank line before and after page numbers
and before and after page breaks to help bookshare's text processing
tools correctly find and mark page numbers and page breaks for DAISY
navigation.

I Hope that helps! smile.

Judy s.