[bksvol-discuss] Re: Baen E-Books Available to Disabled Readers

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:40:30 -0500

Noel,

Check out the following link.

http://www.webscription.net/news.aspx?showarticle=2

It's a news item on Baen's e-book website that says that their books will be
provided at no cost to disabled readers.

The web page contains a link to a form which you'll need to fill out.  Once
the form's processed, which appears to take no more than a day, all Baen
ebooks will be available for download at no cost.  That includes the
Advanced Reader Copies (ARC), as well as the finished books and the monthly
bundles of books they offer at a discount.

I sent Janice an e-mail suggesting that Bookshare contact Baen to ask if
they'd also provide the books directly to Bookshare, but the suggestion
probably got lost when Janice left, so I'm copying Lisa to make sure she's
aware of the suggestion.

        Gerald