[bksvol-discuss] Another book submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:13:18 -0500

the beauty of kids books is well, if you get easy ones, which is a hit or
miss process, as far as to scan, they don't take much time, you get
difficult ones, and it can be a source of terrible frustration.

But. for now, have come across some easy ones, to scan, but great stories.
We shall see how long the luck stands.  Will be attacking Saint George and
the Dragon, and from the looks of it, this one may be harder than i would
like.

Smile.

Needs a spell check and probably a check as far as punctuation, as I think I
missed a few things while editing.
The Magic Paintbrush
By Robin Muler
Long ago there lived an orphan boy called Nib. He couldn't read, he couldn't
write.. .But he did know how to draw... and more than anything else in the
world, he wanted to be an artist.

One day, as a reward for an act of bravery and an act of kindness, Nib is
given the answer to his dream- or so it seems. With the magic paintbrush
anything he paints looks as real and beautiful as life itself- so real that
the painting leaps off the page. But so great a gift also brings danger.
Hearing of the beautiful animals and objects that fly off Nib's canvas, a
greedy king determines to have the boy's talents for his own. So Nib is
launched on a journey of escape and adventure that opens his eyes to a world
of wonder and of cruelty, a world where magic can bring justice or
imprisonment- or can bring a dream to life.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com