[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anne Perry Bibliography

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:37:33 -0800 (PST)

Me, too, Jamie. It's especially important with the
Anne Perry books because people from earlier books
reappear in later ones, and previous events are
referred to. In series like the Henning Mankell
detective stories, same is true though not to as great
an extent--plus the character, a complex one, has
"issues" and his personality develops. They can be
read out of order; in the case of both authors the
first book I read was out of order and I had to go
back to start reading from the beginning. I have a
feeling, from what I read, that the Batya Gur books
are the same.

Cindy