[bksvol-discuss] Re: Acapela tts voices, does anyone have them working?

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:09:44 -0500

I just re-downloaded the Acapela voices last night, and have yet to install them. I had both the beta editions of them and the VR Soft installed, and I finally got the VR Soft program working last night by re-downloading, uninstalling, and re-installing. Even the re-install of the VR Soft program didn't go smoothly, as when the installation program checked for prerequisite software, it couldn't find .Net framework SP1. It went through the motions of downloading it, installing it, but it was never successful in finding it afterwards. Finally, I went to Microsoft's site and installed it directly, and then installed the VR Soft program.

I would have to say, that I'm less than impressed with Humanware.

Dave

At 05:53 AM 1/14/2009, you wrote:
They are supposed to work with the most recent version of VictorSoft as
well. Do you by chance have the older version of VictorSoft that was part of
either the beta site or the old Bookshare site? They won't work with the
older versions. I'm going to go and download the new VictorSoft and will let
you know what I discover.

Monica Willyard