[bksvol-discuss] Re: A.E. van Vogt & Marion Zimmer Bradley additions to list requested

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:05:24 -0400

I will commit to doing both the Null-A books. I must admit to feeling a bit guilty here because while I had checked on van Vogt about four months ago, I noticed that these books were missing, but forgot about submitting them. Feeling a bit guilty because van Vogt is not only a major SF writer, but has been important to me personally. The World of Null-A was responsible for leading me to investigate General Semantics, which has been a big influence in my intellectual and psychological development. So it's a very important book to me, besides being a classic of Science Fiction. Both Null-A books should very definitely be a part of the Bookshare collection. Since I read through everything I submit or validate, I can assure that they will at least approach Publisher Quality.

Unfortunately, it may not be until October before I can submit them. I have some traveling plans coming up in a week or so, and I will probably have to buy the books, and I do have a couple other commitments ahead of them. But I will take care of them before the end of October.

Evan