[bksvol-discuss] A Curiosity Question. Just out of curiosity... Hope somebody can answer.

  • From: Nimit Kaur <kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:31:16 -0400

Hello, all,
I have a question, well....  curiosity...  I know that scanners
usually scan books and then upload it to bookshare for proofreading
and so on ...  Let's say, somebody doesn't have a scanner, or doesn't
have the ones you can't scan the books with, and they find a great
book that they read that they feel is worth going in to the
collection, and they have a braille copy, can they actually type word
by word in to Microsoft Word and convert it to RTF and then submit as
a scanned?  Is it something acceptable or do you have to actually use
a *Physical scanner*?  Just curious!  I know somebody would have to be
patient and dedicated enough to actually sit there and write each word
by word from their copy and then font it with Bookshare policies and
all that stuff, but can you actually do it?  Has somebody done it
before?  I am not thinking of doing it, but that thought just randomly
came to me just as of curiosity.  What if you wanted to do it?  I am
just curious.  Don't take me any wrong...  Hahahahahaha!!!  I mean, if
somebody does do it, it's not that they have to get it done by certain
amount of days, or like school, you have to hand in by this due date
or what not, it is your own personal project and you can take as less
as five days or as long as a whole year if you want.  Just a thought.
Thanks!

--
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWNG QUOTES BY STEVIE WONDER!!!!!!!
“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOES NOT MEAN HE LACKS VISION!”