[bksvol-discuss] 2 books submitted, a 3rd 2 b soon!

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 10:14:45 -0600

I have 2 submitted books awaiting checkout for
proofreading.
Submitted on July 30, and August 2nd.
contact me directly, if you want the 3rd to have that “Hold For” thing in the
title of the 3rd when it is finished.
Thanks.
Rik
ohio1803@xxxxx or d28rik@xxxxxxx

The 2 awaiting checkout are:

TITLE: I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive
AUTHOR: Steve Earle
YEAR OF COPYRIGHT: Copyright © 2011 by Steve Earle
This is the singer-songwriter's 1st novel. And pretty good, too, I think.
Not long, quite a story. Picked it up at a recent concert appearance.

And the other book submitted is a very new non-fiction book about the year
1970 in popular music and popular culture. I heard the author on a radio David
Browne show and went out and picked it up at my local bookseller. It rings of
much
familiarity since I was pretty into all of the music coming out at that
time.
Some of the PR folks are calling it the "best music book of the year." A bit of
an exaggeration. But that is what promotion is meant to be, yes?

TITLE: FIRE AND RAIN: The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, James Taylor, CSNY, and
the Lost Story of 1970
AUTHOR: David Browne
YEAR OF COPYRIGHT: Copyright © 2011 by David Browne

I have been scanning another book of nonfiction about music, and I'm just about
finished
with my work on it. It is dealing specifically with Lee Hays, The Weavers, Pete
Seeger, Woody Guthrie, etc. A pretty small book in sales, but
worthwhile to any scholar or person who is interested in that whole music and
social movement time.

TITLE:  Sing Out, Warning! Sing Out, Love! The Writings of Lee Hays
EDITED BY ROBERT S. KOPPELMAN FOREWORD BY PETE SEEGER
Copyright © 2003 by University of Massachusetts Press

THANKS.
RIK