[bks-img-desc] Bookshare Image Describers Exceed Expectations (Again!)

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:33:07 -0800

Volunteers,

It is always a bright spot in my day to sneak a peek at the cumulative results
of your generous work. For example:

Books Currently Being Processed: 56
Images Described to Date: 2463

Let me pout this in context for you.

We began this phase of the project on October 1, 2011 with a goal of having 50
images described by November 1. The goal for December 1 was an additional 50
for a total of 100 image descriptions.

2463 – 100 = 2363

That's 2363 image descriptions over the goal and it is only noon on November 30!

In some places that might be a reason to kick back and take an early
retirement. Here we joke that our motto is the work ethic, "The reward for
doing good work is more work." So how about a challenge?

Let's see how close we can get, before January 1, 2012, to completing the
entire goal of 4,000 images. Attached is the list of books we are currently
focused on.

Scott Rains
Bookshare Fellow