[bizadigm-mbrs] Notice of BizAdigm.net Planned Downtime

  • From: "Phil Toney" <nasaman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIZADIGM MEMBERS" <bizadigm-mbrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:26:00 -0400

Dear BizAdigm Affiliates -

Our regular BizAdigm Workshop call at 8PM EST tomorrow (see our
separate announcement) will NOT be affected by the brief BizAdigm
upgrade downtime planned to start at 5PM EST today.

I'm forwarding this to you in case you haven't received it from
BizAdigm directly. Please note that this brief outage is the
direct consequence of your hard work ....which has resulted in
our exlosive growth!

The 16:1 increase in server access bandwidth (from 3Mb to 48Mb) will minimize
any access delays as our phenomenal growth continues
to accelerate at an even faster pace!

See you tomorrow night at 8PM EST on (620) 294-3000 code 9115#!

Phil Toney
nasaman@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:42:04 -0400

On Friday, October 12th at 5:00 EST, BizAdigm.net will begin undergoing general
maintenance and service provider upgrades. As such, the site will be shut down
at 5:00 EST and is expected to be down for 2-6 hours, minimally. Based upon
your location in the country and your ISP's protocols for updating DNS data,
access to the BizAdigm.net site may be unavailable for up to 24 hours. This
DOES include our free email services as our mail server will be affected, and
we apologize in advance for the inconvenience.. (We will not be able to get
email during that time, either.)

Currently, the BizAdigm.net servers reside on a DS3 singular backbone provider
with 12mb of the DS3 routed to the servers. The servers are being moved to a
new facility where we will have three redundant backbone providers utilizing
both a full OC48 and a full DS3 pipe to the servers. This will allow the
bandwidth to the servers to burst from 3mb to 48mb should the need exist.
Translated, that means more people should be able to visit the site at the same
time without noticeable lag time. We appreciate your understanding as we
continue to improve and enhance our infrastructure and services.