[birdky] wood thrushes

  • From: "Robert Peak" <blubrds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdKy Listserv" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:33:01 -0500

Since wood thrushes seem to be a species of interest for the moment, I might
point out that the July/August issue of Audubon Magazine has an article (?A
Tale of Two Habitats?---Vermont and Belize) about the range of Hylocichla
mustelina.  I haven?t read it, but I think the article addresses the plight
of this beautiful species.

I have no concrete data, but we are hearing as many (if not more) wood
thrushes in the areas of Lake Barkley State Resort Park (Trigg County) and
Land Between the Lakes (Trigg County and Lyon County) as we have been
hearing in recent years.  We have also observed many of them in the state
park.  We are in the field for three or four days on a monthly basis, from
March to September, so we have many opportunities to listen for them.

Respectfully submitted,

Bob

Henderson, KY

(home of John James Audubon 1810-1819)

latitude 37.8421° N, longitude 87.5832 °  W

high ground on the banks of the Ohio River

 <mailto:blubrds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>