[birdky] some July Slough sightings

  • From: cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:39:25 -0500

2 July  1 Juv. Bald Eagle Sauerheber
6 July  1 Ad. Bald Eagle Sauerheber
8 July  2 Juv. Bald Eagles Sauerheber,
                2 Ad & 4 chicks Common moorhens Sauerheber
                1 Yellow-throated warbler Cape Hills
                3 Kentucky warblers Cape Hills
13 July 2 Kentucky warblers Cape Hills
14 July 1 Ad. & 3 Juv. Bald Eagles Sauerheber (the Juvs. were at the
nest again)
                Family group of Wood Ducks Highland Creek
                Family group of Mallards Jenny Hole
                1 Mississippi Kite Highland Creek
                1 Juv. Yellow-crowned nightheron Highland Creek
                3 Ad. & 4 chicks Common moorhens Sauerheber
                Turkey: separate groups: 5, 2, 4, 2 Highland Creek & Jenny Hole

The evening of the 13th and predawn morning of the 14th we (along with
other parts of KY and IN) had tremendous storms. And, for some reason,
I saw more interesting birds on the morning of the 14th than I have in
a long time.

I've not seen any peeps or shorebirds yet coming back through the area
this summer.

I guess we're in the doldrums of summer. I noticed the birdky postings
are few and far between. So I thought I'd at least post something.

Charlie
Henderson KY