[birdky] scope questions

  • From: "Aviva Yasgur" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vivyasgur76@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:41:27 -0700

Hi folks,

I was hoping to tap into the experience of some of you birders who use spotting
scopes. We have a couple of Bushnell Elite scopes at the Woodlands Nature
Station here in Land Between The Lakes that we use for a variety of public
programs and other bird viewing activities. Unfortunately, we seem to have some
repeat repair issues that keep coming up. Mainly, the area where you attach the
baseplate onto the scope, where it screws on, keeps getting stripped. We're not
sure if this particular model of scope has this problem, or we are maybe doing
something or not doing something that could cause or prevent this? If anyone
who has some experience using scopes would be willing to chat with me a little
bit, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to contact me by email or at the
phone number below. Thanks so much!

Aviva Yasgur
Woodlands Nature Station
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area
270-924-2294
vivyasgur76@xxxxxxxxx