[birdky] recent farm pond birds etc.

  • From: "lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:02:15 -0500

3 Blue-winged Teals have been on one of my ponds or another for the past few
days. 2 Green Herons have recently joined the nearly tame Great Blue Heron as
regular pond visitors, along with as many as 6 Solitary Sandpipers.
  I saw a Wild Turkey hen and two two-thirds grown turkeys in the field
bordering the woods Sunday morning.
  Blue Grosbeaks are nesting in the weeds by the hay rolls again this year. I
have not seen a shrike since sometime early in the year.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County