[birdky] goldfinches

  • From: Nicole McClure <racehoss00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 12:45:53 -0800 (PST)

For the first time in at least 3 months, I saw 3 Goldfinches at my thistle
feeder, and can hear several more in the yard. During the winter last year, it
was common to see at least 14 at my feeder at a time, then over the summer I
was lucky to see a pair every few weeks. Even with fresh seed, they still
weren;t around. So I ended up taking down my feeder to cut down on seed waste.
I finally put it back up a week ago...so hopefully slowly I'll get my numbers
back. So excited!!!

Nicole McClure, Lexington