[birdky] eBird -- Cherokee Park -- May 3, 2014

  • From: "Rob Lane" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "shrikeguy@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 13:12:12 -0400

Today I led a field trip to Cherokee park for the Beckham bird club and was
joined by 15 members and guests, including members of the Young Birders of the
Bluegrass. So great to have young eyes and ears along today!

Birding was slow but decent. We ended with 75 species with a last minute flyby
Eastern kingbird I did not tally on birdlog.

Highlights include a cooperative foraging Bay-breasted warbler, red-headed
woodpecker still hanging around maple road area, flyover Broad-winged Hawk,
prothonotary warbler and a Northern waterthrush found and correctly identified
by Tanner Shephard of the YBB!

Thanks for all that made it out today! Good company is just as important as
great birds.

Good birding

Rob Lane
Louisville

Shrikeguy
May 3, 2014
Cherokee Park
Traveling
2 miles
210 Minutes
Observers: 15
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Led a field trip today for Beckham Bird Club. Despite slow birding
and low numbers we tallied 74 species.
2 Canada Goose
1 Wood Duck
6 Mallard
1 Northern Shoveler
12 Double-crested Cormorant
1 Great Blue Heron
1 Turkey Vulture
1 Cooper's Hawk
2 Red-shouldered Hawk
3 Broad-winged Hawk
3 Mourning Dove
1 Yellow-billed Cuckoo
9 Chimney Swift
2 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
1 Belted Kingfisher
1 Red-headed Woodpecker
7 Red-bellied Woodpecker
3 Downy Woodpecker
1 Hairy Woodpecker
1 Eastern Wood-Pewee
2 Acadian Flycatcher
3 Least Flycatcher
1 Eastern Phoebe
3 Great Crested Flycatcher
1 White-eyed Vireo
2 Yellow-throated Vireo
6 Red-eyed Vireo
2 Blue Jay
3 Northern Rough-winged Swallow
2 Tree Swallow
3 Barn Swallow
5 Carolina Chickadee
3 Tufted Titmouse
2 White-breasted Nuthatch
1 Carolina Wren
8 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
2 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
1 Eastern Bluebird
1 Veery
4 Gray-cheeked Thrush
8 Swainson's Thrush
5 Wood Thrush
17 American Robin
5 Gray Catbird
4 European Starling
11 Tennessee Warbler
8 Nashville Warbler
4 Northern Parula
1 Yellow Warbler
3 Chestnut-sided Warbler
3 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)
4 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Blackburnian Warbler
1 Yellow-throated Warbler
7 Palm Warbler (Western)
4 Bay-breasted Warbler
2 Blackpoll Warbler
3 Black-and-white Warbler
1 Prothonotary Warbler
1 Ovenbird
3 Northern Waterthrush
1 Common Yellowthroat
1 Eastern Towhee
1 Chipping Sparrow
2 Song Sparrow
4 White-throated Sparrow
1 Scarlet Tanager
13 Northern Cardinal
9 Rose-breasted Grosbeak
2 Indigo Bunting
2 Common Grackle
16 Brown-headed Cowbird
1 Baltimore Oriole
6 American Goldfinch

,05/03/2014
,L998667
,,
,,
,,
,08:30
,,
,,
,Traveling
,15
,210
,Y
,2
,,
,"Led a field trip today for Beckham Bird Club. Despite slow birding and low
numbers we tallied 74 species. <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version
1.7.1"
TC000124,2|
TC000184,1|
TC000211,6|