[birdky] call for KOS nominations

  • From: "sk" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:18:47 -0500

Hi folks,

Since we don't have a Kentucky Ornithological Society email list as such, I
will take the liberty of reaching members this way on KOS business. BTW, we
would certainly encourage all readers of this list serve to join KOS.see
http://birdky.org/join-kos-contact-us-kos-history-and-by-laws.html for
details.

We need to elect five officers and two new KOS board members at our annual
meeting, which is on September 19th, 2015, at Barren River Lake State Resort
Park. Our nominating committee, chaired by me, is looking for names.
Specifically, we want folks who are already involved in KOS, attending most,
if not all, of our meetings, who wish to become more involved in the
organization. Fresh faces and new ideas are always welcome. Former board
members and officers are also welcome to serve again.

KOS members may also nominate officers and board members. Our by-laws read
as follows: "Other nominations may be submitted

for any elective office by three (3) members in good standing; such
nominations must also be received by the Corresponding Secretary forty-five
(45) days in advance of the annual meeting." That means I need nominations
by August 5th. We will not be opening the floor to further nominations at
the September 19th meeting.

I would certainly encourage all KOS members to become more involved with the
group and to spread the word about our activities. Send any nominations you
have for president, vice-president, treasurer, recording secretary,
corresponding secretary, or councilor (board member) to me at my home email
address, kistlers@xxxxxxxxx.

Thanks,

Steve Kistler

KOS president