[birdky] brown thrasher et al

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:12:36 -0400

Hi K-birders,

Well, hopefully this cold spell will give way to warmer weather next week.
Right now a crisp wind makes the cold temperature seem even colder.
Yesterday we had our FOS BROWN THRASHER at the ground feeding area. Other
birds: EASTERN PHOEBE, EASTERN MEADOWLARK, TREE SPARROW,RAVEN (AGAIN),
GRACKLES, BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD (seen briefly and rarely here),  RED-BELLIED
WOODPECKERS (building nest in dead tree near mailbox), EASTERN B;UEBIRD,
EASTERN TOWHEES (here all winter), plus all the usual.

A sure sign of spring: 50+ BLOOD ROOT BLOSSOMS on the side of the mountain
behind the house. I am sure many more wildflowers are blooming and I must
make a trip up into the mountains.

Cheers to all,

Joan of Art and Nature (Carr)

South Williamson,