[birdky] bluebird babies

  • From: j arnold <alee04lacebark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

Just now went out to feed the parents about 10
mealworms, then noticed that they were both going into
the house with the worms, so I hurried to put out
more. Checked in the box for 1 second to see several
tiny little ones; didn't want to count in this wind.
They started to feed the minute I left. Fed four times
today, but have been trying to wean them off the worms
because I'm running out and it had been warm. Guess I
need to buy more!

Now I'm concerned about the 8 Martins we have. Don't
know if they can survive all this cold weather,
especially since we may get a possible freeze. Wonder
if they would come to a cup on a post. If so, I'll
probably need 10,000 worms.

Judy Arnold
North Shelby Co.