[birdky] birdky-hawk

  • From: ppkdrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 08:30:46 -0500

 I am pretty sure that I have now have more than one hawk scoping out my
feeders.  A hawk landed in the tree right outside my window about 7:30 this
morning and by the time I figured out it wasn't a Blue Jay-and grabbed for my
camera, I startled it off.  This hawk was definitely smaller than the one I saw
on Sunday and honestly, the reason I thought it a Blue Jay at first was because
it looked like the belly was a buff/white color.  Then I finally noticed the
hooked beak and tried to get my camera, but....

I did not see and streaks or rufous coloring on the breast, belly or flanks but
the wings were barred when it took off.

Paula Geihs
Nelson County