[birdky] backyard birds-Boone County

  • From: "Kathy Caminiti" <krzy4owls@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:09:11 -0500

Happy Holidays to everyone!
The 9+ inches of snow here this week has brought new visitors to our bird
feeders and all were still present this morning:

1 pair Purple Finches
2 Fox Sparrows
5 White-throated Sparrows
1 Hairy Woodpecker

and for about 30 minutes this morning from our couch, we watched a wonderful
little Winter Wren working the steep creek bank going in and out of the holes
under the protruding rocks.  Nice Christmas present for me to get to observe
one of these for a long time!

Also, at my mom's house in Crittenden, Ky. (Grant County) yesterday, a
red-breasted nuthatch and 3 pine siskins frequenting her feeder.  I loved
seeing that little red-breasted nuthatch....need to plant some pines in my
yard!  :o)

Merry Birding to All,
Kathy and Joe Caminiti
Burlington, Ky.