[birdky] West KY WMA

  • From: "Scott and Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:56:48 -0500

Took my youngest son birding with me this morning on area 6.  He had a blast
and got great looks at scarlet tanagers, solitary sandpiper and bay-breasted
warblers through the scope.  All he kept saying while watching the tanager was
"that's awesome dad".  Most time was spent looking at individual  birds and not
trying for most species.  Several good birds encountered were:

Yellow-cr night heron (2 flying over flooded bottomland timber)
Miss Kite 1
Solitary sandpiper 1
Pileated woodpecker
Pewee