[birdky] Warren County and Cave Run Lake

  • From: "David Patick" <patick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kentucky Post" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:08:19 -0500

I had a chance to visit Warren County over the weekend and was fortunate enough
to see the lone Whooping Crane amongst several Sandhill Cranes.I thank David
Roemer for his help in providing me the location in order to locate these
birds.On the way home,I spent a short time this afternoon around Cave Run
Lake.All the ponds at the Minor Clark Fish Hatchery were frozen as well as
Shallow Flats.Some of the birds seen were:

Hatchery:
Snow Goose-1 white phase
Bald Eagle-1 subadult

Dam site: