[birdky] WHAT A CROWD!

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:51:34 -0500

Hi All,

My Mother used to say:"I don't mind the 'comers and goers', but I hate those
'comers and stayers'." Well Les and I felt the same way this morning. There
were 60+ REDWINGS BLACKBIRDS, mostly male, that moved into the bird feeding
areas. Some even managed to cling to bird feeders. Since we live up a
hollow, we seldom see these birds. Other birds: JUNCO, FOX SPARROW, EASTERN
TOWHEE, WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, NORTHERN CARDINAL, TUFTED TITMOUSE, CAROLINA
CHICKADEE, RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER, DOWNY WOODPECKER, HAIRY WOODPECKER,
MOURNING DOVES, NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD, HOUSE FINCH, AMERICAN GOLDFINCH, BROWN
THRASHER, SONG SPARROW,  CAROLINA WREN, ETC.

In total we have about 6-7 inches of snow. Very beautiful here in the
mountains, but rather isolating.

Cheers,

Joan of Art and Nature Carr

Pike Co., South Williamson, KY