[birdky] Trumpeter Swan Sightings Requested

  • From: "TTSS Peg" <peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:55:05 -0700

Trumpeter Swans are moving to wintering areas from many northern and several
Midwest states, and we are hoping to track sightings of them throughout the
migration and winter season. We encourage you to alert us if Trumpeters show
up in Kentucky or surrounding states that you may visit while birding. Our
program is called Trumpeter Watch and this is the second season. This year
we are partnering with eBird, so if you report there we will see your
sightings. If you post only to Listserv we will see your notes if you have
Trumpeter Swan in the subject line but we could be delayed in seeing your
valuable information if the sighting is in a longer list of species and not
in the subject line. If you find Trumpeters, you can email me direct at
peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We have a number of identification tips on our
website and a monthly free ENEWS to keep you posted on the project and other
news about swans. We did have sightings from Kentucky last year and
appreciate all reports. Thank you.