[birdky] Tennessee Warblers in backyard

  • From: Jamie Baker <jamiedarylbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ky Rare Bird <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:11:52 -0400

When walking out of my house today after lunch I found a group of birds
working a small tree adjacent to the deck. I believe the tree is a
Hackberry. At any rate, after identifying the birds as 5 Tennessee Warblers
and one Ruby-Crowned Kinglet I ran inside to get my camera. I spend the
next 30 minutes taking 199 photos and 3 turned out pretty good! It was
truly amazing watching these little guys at such close range. Follow link
below to see one of the photos if interested.

https://flic.kr/p/pDyRKN

Earlier this week the same small tree had two Golden-crowned Kinglets.

--
Jamie Baker
Louisville, Kentucky