[birdky] Re: Spring Birds

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jphager@xxxxxxx>, "'Birdky'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:06:08 -0400

Hi All,
We still have lots of WT Sparrows, Chipping, baby C. Wrens, Baby
Bluebirds nearby at Les' parents' house, Eastern Phoebe, Brown Thrasher,
Pileated WP, Red-bellied WP, Downy WP, Yellow-throated Warbler, Horned
Lark, E Meadowlark, RT Hawk, etc. Personally I think that "our" WT
Sparrows leave earlier than now, and other more southern wintering WT
stop by now as they migrate through the area. I looked through my
records and found WT Sparrows reported in my yard as late as May 3, May
5, May 9, and May 13 in different years.

Right now the wildflowers are upstaging the birds: Wild Sweet Williams
(smelling wonderful), Wild Larkspur, lots of Trillium (Wake Robin, Great
White, Sessile), Wild Geranium, Foamflower, Blue-eyed Marys, Rue
Anemone, Celadine Poppies, Blue Cohosh, Wild Ginger, etc. and so on!!

Happy Springtime to all!!!
Joan of Art and Nature in Pike County