[birdky] Some birds better than no birds

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 05:19:18 -0500

After teddoring hay Friday morning, plowing tobacco Friday afternoon, then
raking hay Saturday morning and into the afternoon, I decided that birding
would be a better option for the rest of the day than moving hay rolls. Not
much unusual at Parsons Pond - only one Lesser Yellowlegs and one Solitary
Sandpiper at the west pond. 7 Great Blue Herons, 2 Great Egrets, 2 Wood Duck
families and a Mallard family at the east pond + a number of adult Mallards.
I'm mad at Flickr because they decided to no longer support our version
of Safari. I can still upload, but can't view my own pictures individually. The
new version of Safari isn't compatible with our computer and 6.5 million other
computers worldwide. So they're expecting us all to get a new computer just to
be able to use their free service? I don't think so. I'm going to start sharing
bird pictures on our own web site. Since our own space is limited, I'll
probably replace pictures rather than keep adding new ones unless I have
something special that I want to link to ebird. I've added 3 pictures from
yesterday here -
http://www.lyneart.com/BIG.HTM
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS=============
When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.birdky.org