[birdky] Sloughs Fieldtrip October 6

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird ky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

The KOS/Beckham Bird Club fieldtrip to the Sloughs WMA
in Henderson County will be held Saturday as
scheduled.  We will meet at the second observation
platform at Hardy Slough at 8:00 CDT.  Wear clothing
appropriate for marshing and bring lunch.  Be prepared
for mosquitoes.  Directions are as follows.

From Pennyrile Parkway south at Henderson take the Hwy
425 exit.  Follow 425 straight through onto Hwy 136.
Follow 136 to Geneva and turn right onto hwy 268.
Hardy Slough is approximately 4 miles on the left.

I did a brief check of the area today and walked a
couple of levees with the following highlights:

American Bittern
Merlin
Sora 25+
Marsh Wren 4