[birdky] Scarlet Tanager

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 06:38:44 -0500

Yesterday, while my wife Alison participated in a knitting group at a
Russellville shop called Enchanted Yarn, I sat on the back porch of the
building reading a book. This shop is located on the lower slope of one of
Russellville's many wooded knobs. Eventually, I dicided to climb to the top of
a faux  pirate ship structure built for kids in the back yard and see what I
could see with my binoculars. I soon spotted a Scarlet Tanager at about eye
level feeding in a nearby black cherry tree. Only my 3rd sighting of a Scarlet
Tanager.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County