[birdky] Rufus Hummingbird

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:16:09 -0500

Brainard came out and banded our hummingbird visitor this morning. It went in
the trap about a minute after he set it up. From today's emailing, I believe
the ID has about settled on hatch year female Rufus Hummingbird. It put in 3
appearances for Mark Bennett just now. I'll post again if it's still here
tomorrow. If it does remain a while and anyone else wants to come to see it, I
live at the junction of Wash Gunn and 1041 (Watermelon Road) in Logan County.
Two lawn chairs in the yard just to the right of the driveway have good views
of both our feeders.
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY