[birdky] Rpt: Shakertown

  • From: de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Freelists, BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:40:47 +0000

ASK had walk this last Saturday at Shakertown. The weather was about perfect and we had a nice lunch in the restaurant following the walk. We found a total of 42 species including a singing Louisiana Waterthrush that gave us great looks, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo, RC Kinglet, BG Gnatchaer and three Broad-winged Hawks. We were a little disappointed that we did not see more warblers that everyone is currently reporting. We will just have to get back out there.

Hope to see you all on one of our next outings, Tuesday at Veteran's and Saturday at Lexington Cemetery, both in Lexington. See our web site for details (http://audubonsocietyofky.home.insightbb.com/)

Good Birding
David Lang
Scott County