[birdky] Rpt: Scott County

  • From: David Lang <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:48:27 +0000 (UTC)

Had a good morning birding our 15 acre homestead out here in Scott County with
46 species. When I checked the Bluebird box I found that they are already
feeding babies. The Tree Swallow seam to be quite a bit further behind with
just a nest built. The Cooper's Hawk in the front yard is still sitting
diligently on the nest and the Wrens have built at least 4 nests, but appear to
prefer the garage, as usual. I had my first Indigo Bunting at the feeder this
morning as well as a few Pine Siskins and half a dozen warbler species.
David LangScott County

Craigmoor Estates, Scott, US-KY
Apr 30, 2015 9:33 AM - 12:12 PM
Protocol: Area
15.0 ac
Comments:    Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.6
46 species

Canada Goose  4
Turkey Vulture  1
Cooper's Hawk  2
Mourning Dove  3
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  3
Downy Woodpecker  2
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
Eastern Kingbird  1
Blue-headed Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  3
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  2
Tree Swallow  2
Barn Swallow  1
Carolina Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  3
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Carolina Wren  3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
Eastern Bluebird  2
American Robin  16
Brown Thrasher  2
European Starling  2Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  2
Palm Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  6
Yellow-throated Warbler  2
Black-throated Green Warbler  3
Eastern Towhee  2
Chipping Sparrow  2
Field Sparrow  1
Song Sparrow  2
Swamp Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  6
White-crowned Sparrow  4
Northern Cardinal  7Indigo Bunting  1
Red-winged Blackbird  1
Common Grackle  8
Brown-headed Cowbird  7
House Finch  3
Pine Siskin  5
American Goldfinch  8

View this checklist online at

Your screen elements are hidden from view. Press Esc or move pointer to the
center of the screen to return to Mail.
Press Esc or move pointer here to return to Mail.