[birdky] Rpt: Red River Gorge & Ky Energy Center

  • From: David Lang <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 01:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

Headed out to Red River Gorge to see if we could get a lifer Swainson's
Warbler for a friend of mine. We found two, getting some pretty good looks.
Other warblers seen were all local breeders, no migrants. Also found a
Red-breasted Nuthatch. It was in the same area it was reported nesting in
previous years. Even heard a Ruffed Grouse drumming. On the way home found a
late Mute Swan and found a couple of Solitary Sandpipers. Finally when I got
home I checked on the Cooper's Hawk that is nesting in my front yard. Looks
like she is still sitting on eggs.
Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lang-photoshare/
David LangScott County
Red River Gorge (Wolfe Co.)--Rock Bridge Trail, Wolfe, US-KY
Apr 29, 2015 9:05 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments:    David Lang & Brenda Franey
26 species

Ruffed Grouse  1    heard drumming
Turkey Vulture  3
Osprey  1
Mourning Dove  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Pileated Woodpecker  2
White-eyed Vireo  2
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  3
American Crow  7
Carolina Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  8
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1    Audio available
White-breasted Nuthatch  3
Ovenbird  1
Worm-eating Warbler  2
Louisiana Waterthrush  1