[birdky] Rough Leg Hawk and Bonus

  • From: Rickey Shive <reupurtbones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 19:46:17 -0600

I ventured to Logan County this morning to hopefully catch a glimpse at one of Steve and Debbie’s Rough Leg Hawks. I didn’t see the one on Trimble Road but found one on J Ferguson Road.  It was quite a distance away, but I managed a diagnostic photo.  There were some bonus birds feeding in the harvested fields.  Namely, a huge flock of Lapland longspurs.  They were quite approachable, I got some decent photos.  I counted at least 40. There were likely more.  They would feed and take flight.  Hard to get a good count.

eBird Checklist - 27 Dec 2023 - J Ferguson Road (Transient Pond; roadside viewing only) - 6 speciesebird.org

RShiveWarren County
Sent from my iPad

PNG image