[birdky] Report; MINOR Clark Fish Hatchery

  • From: David Lang <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BirdKY Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:47:03 +0000 (UTC)

Made it out to Minor Clark Fish Hatchery on Tuesday. I found not a single
shore bird, not even a Killdeer. I did however, get a first for me, a
Lawrence's Warbler, one of the hybrids of the Blue-winged and Golden-winged
Warblers. I unfortunately was not able to get a photo. I did not see this on
the ebird list, so entered it as a Blue-winged. Anybody know if that is the
correct way to enter it? Is a hybrid countable on your life list?
David LangScot County
Minor E Clark Fish Hatchery, Rowan, US-KY
Apr 21, 2015 9:05 AM - 12:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.5 mile(s)
39 species

Canada Goose  24
Mallard  2
Green Heron  8
Black Vulture  2
Turkey Vulture  8
Chimney Swift  2
Belted Kingfisher  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Eastern Phoebe  2
White-eyed Vireo  5
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  7
American Crow  9
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  6
Tree Swallow  30
Barn Swallow  7
Carolina Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  6
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  8
Eastern Bluebird  1
American Robin  8
Brown Thrasher  3
European Starling  3
Blue-winged Warbler  2    One was a typical Blue-winged. The second bird was a
Lawrence's Warbler. It had a black mask and throat, all yellow underneath, two
wing bars that appeared yellowish. Did no get a look at the undertail coverts
or the top of the head or back. The two birds were feeding in close proximity.
Unfortunately was not able to get a photo.
Common Yellowthroat  3
Yellow-throated Warbler  1
Field Sparrow  1
Song Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  3
Northern Cardinal  10
Red-winged Blackbird  50
Common Grackle  13
Brown-headed Cowbird  4
House Finch  1
Purple Finch  2
American Goldfinch  25
House Sparrow  1

View this checklist online at

Your screen elements are hidden from view. Press Esc or move pointer to the
center of the screen to return to Mail.
Press Esc or move pointer here to return to Mail.