[birdky] Red Phalarope

  • From: cbirding@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:05:39 -0400

Location:???? Melco Basin
Observation date:???? 10/1/09
Notes:???? I arrived at Melco Basin at ~2:45p. Earlier in day Michael Autin
reported to Pat and Jane Bell who then called Eddie Huber?that a phalarope
different than the Red-necked Phalarope recently seen at Falls of the Ohio.

When I got to Melco,?Brainard P-B, Eddie H. Major W. and Ben Y. had decided the
bird was indeed a Red Phalarope. Ben posted to Bird KY and several calls were
made to the local bird alert list. We were joined by Colleen C-B, Jane B, Pat
B, Gary and Becky D, Michael A, Diana (?), Wanda and Ren B, Mary Y and Ryan A.
If I forget anyone I apologize in advance. It was a good day at Melco as 4 new
birds were added to the list. Eddie Huber is keeping the list of birds seen at
Melco.?

Number of species:???? 20

MELCO IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.? IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LOOKING FOR THE RED
PHALAROPE AND IF IT IS NOT POURING RAIN, I WILL BE AT MELCO FROM 7:30 AM TO
9:00 AM FRIDAY MORNING.

Greater White-fronted Goose???? 1
Canada Goose???? 75
Wood Duck???? 2