[birdky] RPT:Virgtina Rail at Maine Chance Farm

  • From: Dave Pritchard <djpritch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:44:05 -0400

It was rather boring at the farm this morning, until we stopped on the
metal bridge by the intersection of Mildred Way (by the pond) and Agronomy
Rd.  Looking for a sparrow that darted into the brush along the bank, we
spotted what we first thought was a robin, but realized that it was a
Virginia Rail.  We saw the rufous breast and got a good look at the long,
down-curved bill and the greyish head.  A snipe showed up there, as well.

Dave Pritchard
Madison County