[birdky] RPT-Rowan Co, Birds, Cicades and Rattlesnake

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

Its been extemely hard to hear bird calls in Rowan County.&nbsp; This morning
at 5 am, the parking lot at the office had 100's crawling everywhere and they
were buzzing, humming and pharahoing....I did hear some good birds, Cerulean,
KY, Scarlet Tanager,&nbsp;all were fairly close not much over 50
meter.&nbsp;&nbsp; However, one major highlight, I found an Acadian Flycatcher
nest...very cool.&nbsp;&nbsp; Sad note, some knuckle head ran over a
rattlesnake.&nbsp; I just passed the area to find a good place to get off the
road and eat lunch. Only one truck went past, and the snake was dead...too
bad.&nbsp; I apologise for discussing non bird issue.
&nbsp;
Evelyn Morgan
Elliott County (Rowan Co Today)