[birdky] RPT: driving back roads in Eastern Jefferson County 06/13; Horned Lark, Yellow Warbler

  • From: michael autin <mauniquity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 01:25:26 -0400

So today from 9:30 in the morning till 1:20 in the afternoon I drove a few
back roads around the Eastern side of Jefferson County in search of birds.
I started at Brentlinger, drove down Broad Run, took 1531 up to Bradbe,
took Taylorsville Road to Fisherville, went down Clark Station Road, to
Shelbyville Road, up to Long Run Park, drove down Aiken to Old Henry and
ended at Chamberlain Lane and Schuler. Highlights:
Yellow-throated Vireo- on Broad Run near new parklands development
Tree Swallows scattered
Cliff Swallow-2 at Bridge over Floyds Fork on Broad Run
Horned Lark- 2-one male singing from construction equipment on Chamberlain
where longspurs often show up and 1 behind St. Marys
Yellow Warbler- 1 in tree line behind hospital on Old Henry near snyder,
unexpected

Other highlights: Phoebes, Great-crested Flycatcher( in road acting like
robin), 5 species of swallow, Wood Thrush, parula, Ovenbird, chats, Summer
Tanagers, Blue Grosbeak and Baltimore Oriole.

Good Birding,
Michael Autin Louisville, KY