[birdky] RPT: Western Kingbird update

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:01:38 -0400

Eddie Huber continues to keep tabs on the Western Kingbird. It was not seen for
perhaps up to 2 hours mid-day, but as of 3:00 to 3:30, Eddie had relocated the
bird in the mass of utility poles and wires just north of the Melco basin
(these poles are on the adjacent Ford Plant).

Eddie's cell phone battery has died so he cannot be reached the rest of the
afternoon. As you may recall, the Melco basin is MSD property and access is
limited. Poor Eddie is sticking it out there in the sweltering heat to make
sure no one comes out and finds a locked gate ... THANKS, Eddie! He said he'd
probably be out there for awhile after 5:00 in case someone wants to go by
after work. I wouldn't plan on him being out there too late, though ... it's
ridiculously hot at 94 degrees, even if the wind is blowing.

I think both he and I will be out there again in the morning depending on the
weather. If you want to know the status of club members' presence (and thus an
open gate), you should try calling either myself (502/330-3998) or Eddie
(502/724-1924).

bpb, Frankfort