[birdky] RPT: Swainson's Warbler at Natural Bridge

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:37:51 -0400

Zeb Weese and I were up at Natural Bridge today. While walking the
Hood's Branch Trail we ran across a singing Swainson's Warbler about 3/4
mile up from the beginning of the trail at the Sky Lift parking lot. He
came in for a nice look and even sang while sitting about 10 feet away!
The woods were relatively quiet otherwise, although we saw and/or heard
Blue-headed, Yellow-throated, and Red-eyed vireos; Hooded, Worm-eating,
Black-and-white, and Black-throated Green warblers; and Ovenbird.

bpb, Frankfort