[birdky] RPT: Odds and ends

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard \(EPPC OOS KNPC\)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:07:11 -0500

Miscellaneous recent notes of interest:

On his 28 Nov 2006 waterfowl flight for Fish and Wildlife, Mike Morton
had 13 swans, 1000 Greater White-fronted Geese, and more than 2000
Gadwall at Sauerheber.

Thanks to Fish and Wildlife's Joe Lacefield for forwarding info on a
female-type White-winged Scoter that was shot by a hunter last week,
apparently along the Ohio River in Henderson County.

On November 28th, I had a Merlin fly over the farm in Jefferson County;
also, I finally had a chance to tract down a warbler chip in the pines
around the house and found it to be what I expected, a Pine Warbler
hanging in with the locals.

bpb, Frankfort