[birdky] RPT: Louisville, Iroquois Park, September 23; Golden-winged Warbler and a few others

  • From: michael autin <napkinarmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:47:12 -0400

I did some scouting today at Iroquois Park for my upcoming trip on Saturday
just to get an idea of park conditions, but in less than an hour on the summit
I found a few good birds.

Iroquois Park summit, 5:50-6:45pm

Eastern Wood-Peewee-6 or more chasing each other and sitting on top of dead
canopy twigs masquerading as Olive-sided Flys

Empidonax sp.- probably Acadian or Least

Cedar Waxwing- good flocks starting to show up totaling 100+ birds

Yellow-throated Vireo-1

Warblers:

Golden-winged Warbler-1 fem. always a pleasure

Magnolia-2

Bay-br.-1

Chestnut-sd.-1

Black-and-White-1

Am. Redstart-8 or more-all imm.

Comm. Yellowthroat-1 fem.

Indigo Bunting- haven't seen too many lately, but still singing and displaying
very high over grassland

MARSH WREN-1 beautiful fresh fall ad. first of season and possibly best look
this year

Fall is moving fast, too fast. Yellow-rumps will fill the trees in no time.

Good Birding,
Michael Autin

 Louisville, KY