[birdky] RPT: (INDIANA) ... Green Violet-ear in Perry County in southern Indiana!!!

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 21:36:07 -0400

FYI ... from Indiana listserv this evening ...

Subject: Green Violetear in Perry County
From: Don Gorney <dongorney AT YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:51:43 -0700

Indiana's long expected GREEN VIOLETEAR showed up today, October 2, in Perry
County (extreme southern Indiana). The homeowners obtained several photos, one
of which I and a few others have seen. There is no doubt the bird is a GREEN
VIOLETEAR, although I do not know enough about the species and timing of molt
to be certain about age and sex.

The homeowners welcome visitors but ask that visitation be LIMITED TO 8AM to
NOON ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3 and 4. Visitation after this weekend
will be determined if the bird is still around.

The homeowners are Todd and Angela Albin and they live near Oriole in Perry
County.

Todd and Angela Albin
15345 Outback Lane
Leopold, IN 47551 (have Leopold address but live near Oriole)

Directions:Take exit 86 from I-64 and head south on State Road 66From the town
of Oriole, head west on Oriole Road (County Road 40) for one mile

Turn left (south) on Opera Road (County Road 38) for one mile

Turn left on Owen Road and go to the end of this "beat up gravel road"Take a
right and then an immediate left. The Albins live at 15345 Outback Lane in a
log cabin that apparently is set back from the road.

The have feeders in the front and the back. They saw the violetear in the back
on October 2. Please keep in mind they would like visitation to end at noon
this weekend because of family commitments, including a party at their home on
Sunday.Angela is interested in obtaining copies of photos taken of the the
bird. Angela says some online map programs (like Mapquest) will take you to
the wrong location. So, follow the directions in this e-mail.

Don Gorney, Indianapolis, IN